The role of Chair of the National Bariatric Surgery Registry (NBSR) committee has become available, following the successful appointment of Prof. Kamal Mahawar as BOMSS Treasurer. We would therefore like to invite nominations from the membership to the Chair of the NBSR committee role. The tenure for this role is 3 years and applicants must be a current BOMSS member.
The committee meet several times a year, both online and in-person at the BOMSS Annual Scientific Meeting.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Chair of the NBSR Committee role entails:
– Overseeing the activities of the various subcommittees led by NBSR committee members and advisors
– Managing external relationships with other organisations such as HQIP, CAG, NOA, and IFSO
– Delivering the annual Clinical Outcomes Publication (COP) report in a timely fashion
– Organising and chairing NBSR Committee meetings
– Ensuring continued financial viability of NBSR
– Supporting and developing NBSR as a tool for audits and clinical benchmarking
– Representing the NBSR Committee as a member of the BOMSS Council of Management, and attending council meetings.
It is important that you speak with your clinical director / medical director to ensure that you can be released for these commitments.
To submit your nomination:
1. Complete the nomination form (a link to this is below)
2. Include a statement of no more than 200 words outlining why you would like to lead the NBSR, what qualifies you to successfully deliver on this role, and highlight key developments you wish to pursue during your tenure.
We look forward to receiving all nominations. Closing date for receipt of nominations will be: 17:00 on Wednesday 26th July.
For any further information on the role, please contact BOMSS Secretariat at email@example.com.